Frequently Asked Questions
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol.
It's a way to transfer a single file or multiple files from
the computer you are working on to a computer somewhere else.
The process of transferring your files is called an upload.
You can download the most popular FTP client CuteFTP from
Configuration of Cute FTP 4.0
1. Open Cute FTP. A Site Settings window should
open. If you already have CuteFTP open and the Site Settings
window is not open, select File then Site Manager.
2. A New Site File will appear at the bottom of the window.
3. Under Label for site, enter the name that you want to use
for your Geoweb FTP sessions. (e.g. Geonet.)
4. Under FTP Host Address, enter the hostname: ftp.geoweb.ge
5. Under FTP site User Name, enter your username.
6. Under FTP site Password, enter your password.
7. Leave the FTP site connection port with the default entry
8. For Login type, select Normal.
9. Then click Connect. When the Login Messages box appears,
10. Your site directory will appear in the window on the right
11. Congratulations! CuteFTP is now ready to upload your files.
If your FTP utility is working properly, when you connect
to Geoweb you will be directly accessing the directory containing
your files. You will be able to see the files that are in
your directory, and upload, delete, rename and download your
To download a file using CuteFTP
1. Select the file you would like to download
from the file menu on the right-hand side of the window.
2. From the Transfer menu, select Download.
To create a directory using CuteFTP
1. Click on the File icon in the top right section of the
2. Enter a file name for the directory.
3. Click OK.
4. The new file name will appear in the window on the right
side of the screen.
To delete a directory using CuteFTP
1. Select the file or directory you would like
2. Click the X icon.
3. Confirm the selection by clicking Yes.
4. The file will disappear from the window on the right side
of the screen.